b) Type, purpose and operation of Cookies
c) How to disable Cookies in the main browsers
d) What happens if Cookies are disabled
POSADA DE EUFRASIO uses “Cookies” and other similar mechanisms (hereinafter, Cookies). Cookies are files sent to a browser through a web server to record the User’s activities on the POSADA DE EUFRASIO website (hereinafter, the Services). The first purpose of Cookies is to provide the User with faster access to the selected Services. In addition, Cookies personalize the Services offered by POSADA DE EUFRASIO by facilitating and offering each User information that is of interest to them or that may be of interest to them, based on their use of the Services.
b) Type, purpose and operation of Cookies:
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent Cookies. The first ones expire when the User closes the browser. The latter expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their objective, Cookies can be classified as follows:
* GEO-LOCATION COOKIES: These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when you request a Service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help target content to your location.
* REGISTRATION COOKIES: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify them in the Services with the following objectives:
– Keep the User identified so that, if they close a Service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day they re-enter said Service, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating their navigation without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be deleted if the User clicks on the “log out” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time the User enters the Service they will have to log in to be identified.
– Check if the User is authorized to access certain Services, for example, to participate in a contest.
* ANALYTICAL COOKIES: Every time a User visits a Service, an analytical Cookie is generated on the User’s computer. This Cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will be used in future visits to the POSADA DE EUFRASIO Services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
– Allow the anonymous identification of browsing Users through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate accounting of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
– Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore the most attractive to Users.
– Know if the User who is accessing is new or a repeat visit.
Important: Unless the User decides to register for a POSADA DE EUFRASIO Service, the “Cookie” will never be associated with any personal data that may identify them. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the User experience on the site.
c) How to disable Cookies in the main browsers:
It is usually possible to stop accepting Cookies from the browser, or stop accepting Cookies from a particular Service. All modern browsers allow you to change Cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘Prefs’.